A website is quite a personal thing to you and your business. The look, feel and navigation of your websites will depend entirely on your purpose, so if you want to achieve direct sales via your site, you will need to have an eCommerce website that works well and where people can place orders straight away on your site. If you just want a website to make you look more professional, then you can have a more simple site, but it still need to be right.
You should discuss your needs and aims with your web marketing agency ahead of your website design and build. They can tell you about the different things that you can get out of a website, and what might suit you and your needs. Any good web design and marketing agency will be able to give you expert advice and help you arrive at the right decision.
A site map shows all the pages that are part of your website, so you can see exactly what is included and how all the URL structures will work. For example, if a page is going to sit underneath another page, like an ‘about us’ section, this will be represented in the site map.
You must choose a site map before having a website built, so the design and build teams know which pages to include. Discuss this with your web marketing agency before deciding on anything final, as the site map will really affect SEO. There will need to be certain pages to target certain keywords, so you need to have all your bases covered.
A marketing agency can also advise on the usability of your sitemap. The aim is to make sure people visiting your website can find exactly what they want on it, so a clear and concise site map will really help.
Google Shopping is a way of advertising your products to people who are searching for them in a search engine. This can be very beneficial, showing people your products as soon as they search, without them even having to click onto a website. For businesspeople hoping to achieve more sales online, a Google Shopping advert could be an excellent way to achieve this.
You will need to ensure your listing is high quality and meets with Google’s regulations. This isn’t an easy process – the listings are quite hard to complete. You will then be competing with other businesses to have your products seen by people, making it more difficult to have your adverts seen.
The benefit of Google Shopping is the visibility you will get. People will see your products immediately and can click onto them to find out more. This will show prices, shipping details etc. so they know straight away the important facts.
Conversion rates refer to the number of potential customers who become customers and spend money with your business. It is good to have high conversion rates, as this is the way in which you make a healthy profit as a business. Here are some ways to make sure more people convert:
- Have a product that people want to buy. Make sure it is appealing to the right audience.
- Market your product well. Ensure there is a market for it and people will want to buy it once they find your company.
- Make sure there is plenty of information available. People want to be 100% sure they are making the right decision before they buy. Provide the information they need.
- Have a good website. When people click on your site, keep them there. Make sure it looks good and is clear, so they can find what they want and are going to be more likely to spend money with you.
Content is an essential component of your website and all online activity, like your blogs and social media. You need to get your content just right if you want to attract new customers and make sure you win their business. It is usually advisable to use a professional copywriter or agency to structure your content for maximum impact.
Content is your way of being able to tell customers who you are and what you are about. Your web copy needs to sell your business and work as hard as possible for you, convincing people that your products and services are the right ones to purchase.
The copy is also important within your web marketing strategy. When you use digital marketing, your presence will be felt all over the internet. Make sure the words you use are doing a good job for you. Content is so important in SEO, as it also tells search engines which searches are relevant to you.
Hiring a graphic design agency in the UK is the best option you have in order to get the best results. There are a lot of agencies that can help you, so getting one should not be a real issue. However, it is also worth noting that just like in any other industry, there are some that can offer you better graphic designs than others. Therefore, you have to make sure that you get one that offers the best. To assist you during the selection process, here are some of the tips you need to follow. Continue reading 5 Tips for Choosing the Best Graphic Design Agency in the UK
As a business or corporation, it’s important that you convey the right image to your potential customers. This is how you will bring in new business and assure people that you are a professional, viable option for them. Your website is an integral part of this and it absolutely has to represent you as a highly competent, experienced business that can be taken seriously. This needs to be taken into account when designing your website, so here are some key considerations:
- Include your logo in a prominent place. This will usually be the top left-hand corner, drawing eyes to it immediately. Make sure you are happy that your logo is clear and does its job well – if you’re not, consider redesigning this too.
- Make sure user experience is second-to-none. People should be able to find exactly what they’re looking for on your website and everything should load quickly. If you make people’s lives difficult, they will leave your website without converting.
- Use professional images. You want crisp, modern photography that shows your business in the best light, not blurry or warped images. Make sure you have the correct usage rights before adding them.
- Use clear, concise copy. Tell people about you and what you can do for them using plain English that everyone will understand. Emphasise why they should choose you, making it obvious what your unique selling points are.
- Work with a professional web design agency. This is the only way you’re going to be able to get the very best results. These people will be experienced web designers and will know what works. They will be able to talk you through the options and guide you through the process from beginning to end.
Follow these steps to help get a beautiful, shiny new website that will serve your company well. Remember, a website is an investment, so choose wisely and enjoy the success that follows.