The service pages on your websites will tell your customers exactly what you can offer them, going into detail about the specifics of your business so you can show them how you can meet your needs. They need to be designed and written quite differently to any other website page, so here are some tips for your service pages:
- Keep them concise. Make sure people have enough information to make an informed decision, but don’t overload the information.
- Choose a tone of voice and stick to it. All service pages should be written in a similar style to make the website consistent.
- Use imagery. Show your customers what you can do and make your pages look more attractive by using relevant, attractive imagery.
- Use keywords. This will help your pages to rank in search engines so that potential customers can find them. Conduct keyword research to understand the market in the first place.
A website isn’t just something that can be built – it is something that needs to be maintained, updated and looked after in order to keep it as good as the day it was designed and built. If you aren’t able to look after your website yourself, it is really important you think about choosing a web provider that can help you long into the future.
Some web providers will design you a website, and then leave you to look after it. Others will offer you an ongoing service, which will keep on looking after your website for you. Of course, if you would like to have sole responsibility for your website, then that’s fine. Most people won’t want to though, and it will be really helpful to have a website provider who can write you some blog posts and ensure your website is hosted, updated, backed up and working properly.
A responsive website is one that will adjust to let people view it on different devices. It will look just as good on a smartphone or tablet as it will on a laptop or a PC. It’s essential that businesses choosing to invest in new websites choose a responsive design.
Responsive designs aren’t going to go out of date as quickly. If you spend the money and invest wisely now, your website will continue to function for much longer. A website is a big investment, so make sure you do it right first time.
The main reason to choose responsive is to improve user experience. Users need to enjoy using your website, or they are not going to convert. The majority of people now browse the internet whilst on the go, using devices like smartphones to look at websites and apps. Make sure you don’t miss out on this market by choosing a responsive design.
The process of designing a website has many stages that will involve both the designer/ programmer and the client. Before any of the technical specifications are drafted up or any concepts are designed, you will need to have plenty of ideas about what you want the website to be. This should include its look, feel, usability, functionality and many other things that will depend on who you are and what your website is for.
In order to get inspiration for your site, you will need to give yourself plenty of time. The process isn’t something that can be rushed and you should have your own ideas before you approach a designer. Try looking at competitors’ sites to see what they have done. This is a really good way to work out what you like but also what you don’t. Next, you can start drafting up your own ideas. Think of colours, themes and concepts you like but don’t worry about the detail too much as this is where your designer will be able to help you.
Having a brand new, highly professional website designed for a business is not going to be cheap. That’s why it’s essential you pick someone you can trust to design and build it for you. Selecting the right designer for your project can make all the difference to the way it runs and will ensure that you end up with a website that you are fully satisfied with.
If you are having a one-off website built for your business, selecting an agency to carry out the work is a sensible option for you. Agencies will be highly experienced in the field of web design and it will save you having to spend money on hiring someone in house.
Get some quotes from different agencies and speak to them face to face. This is the only way you will be able to decide on the right agency for you. See what ideas they come up with and make sure that you have plenty of your own too, then see what they’re able to do with them.
When you are getting a new website built for your company, there are two options – a custom-designed site, or a site that uses a generic template design. There are many benefits to selecting a website that has been designed specifically for you. These are just a few of them:
- You can brief the website designer on exactly what you want and follow its progress, making changes as you go along.
- Template websites will work in a certain way and it can be difficult or even impossible to change this. Make sure your website works exactly as you want it to by choosing a completely unique design.
- If you want your website to completely reflect you and your business with complete personalisation, then a custom-built site is the way to go. You will be able to have so much more input during the process.