As a business or corporation, it’s important that you convey the right image to your potential customers. This is how you will bring in new business and assure people that you are a professional, viable option for them. Your website is an integral part of this and it absolutely has to represent you as a highly competent, experienced business that can be taken seriously. This needs to be taken into account when designing your website, so here are some key considerations:
- Include your logo in a prominent place. This will usually be the top left-hand corner, drawing eyes to it immediately. Make sure you are happy that your logo is clear and does its job well – if you’re not, consider redesigning this too.
- Make sure user experience is second-to-none. People should be able to find exactly what they’re looking for on your website and everything should load quickly. If you make people’s lives difficult, they will leave your website without converting.
- Use professional images. You want crisp, modern photography that shows your business in the best light, not blurry or warped images. Make sure you have the correct usage rights before adding them.
- Use clear, concise copy. Tell people about you and what you can do for them using plain English that everyone will understand. Emphasise why they should choose you, making it obvious what your unique selling points are.
- Work with a professional web design agency. This is the only way you’re going to be able to get the very best results. These people will be experienced web designers and will know what works. They will be able to talk you through the options and guide you through the process from beginning to end.
Follow these steps to help get a beautiful, shiny new website that will serve your company well. Remember, a website is an investment, so choose wisely and enjoy the success that follows.